Casino Alicante Ganadores

Transport in New South Wales. Rainfall averages from millimetres 5. He modelled to the nineteen assistant priests who had ministered with him a deep commitment to place, so much so, you may have wondered whether he had taken a vow of stability. He was also province consultor and prefect of studies. He will be greatly missed by Columbans, family members and the many friends he had in Australia and Peru. Henry was a cheerful and friendly person, always open to other people. While Monsignor Walsh could not have achieved this alone, he enjoyed the support received by Cardinal Knox and the late Monsignor Kevin Toomey.

Seniors Card partner with Vodafone

Issues - 15 August 2018

Career prior to politics: Mike Baird has the background to look after NSW's finances". Retrieved 11 April Retrieved 24 February Retrieved 23 April Retrieved 14 November Martin Place police operation". Retrieved 15 December Retrieved 26 January The train that divides Newcastle".

The Sydney Morning Heraldl. Nationals on edge in state's north over CSG backlash". Retrieved 1 December Archived from the original on 23 February Retrieved 21 February Retrieved 21 Feb Inside Sydney's biggest after-hours venue". NSW Premier to quit top job and Parliament".

Archived from the original on 2 February Retrieved 18 January Thoughts from protesters and haters". Retrieved 23 January Former NSW premier takes senior bank role". This code can be used anytime throughout the year.

Minimum two x 45kg LPG bottles. Full details of all conditions and costs are available from the Supagas website. Our aim is to bring financial relief to those in need and provide free beneficial information to help manage and cure incontinence. Free Product Trial Discount Code: Payment required on installation.

Not applicable to hair care products. Not to be used with any other offer or promotion. Payment required at time of service. Range includes how to; self improvement;Health;cooking; gardening; business; education;biography; children's; hobbies; astrology; horses; film and TV Books.

More than a titles. Tuesday - Saturday 10am to 4pm; Sunday 10am to 2pm. Vic was ordained on 28 June by Bishop Leonard Faulkner. Rest in peace Vic. Pat's parents, John and Josephine, together with two boys and one girl migrated to Sydney from Northern Ireland in The family increased when Pat was born in , followed by Vin in and Brendan in It was Depression time and Pat's father secured work as a hotel manager at Bankstown.

After working as a hotel bar manager, driving semis and lastly cutting sleepers, Pat followed his younger brother Vin into the Marist formation programme. Following reluctant retirement in , he lived briefly at Hunters Hill and Drummoyne. In later years, Leo was asked to undertake some work in assembling basic archival material for the Diocese. This he did with great enthusiasm and upon retiring to his beloved Western District particularly the Koroit and Warrnambool area , his material was added to the expanding Diocesan archives.

Rest now in peace dear Leo. Frank was always considerate of people and made a point of writing his sermons so that they would not go too long. New Catholics were comfortable going to Frank for their first confession - he was kind and considerate. Frank developed the custom of always telling a joke as the end of Mass, very often referring to his favourite football team St George Illawarra Dragons. Frank's recreation was bushwalking. He started walking two years after his ordination and joined the Catholic Bushwalking Club in Sydney a couple of years later.

He walked almost every week until his health precluded him from walking. When Frank signed his name in various logbooks scattered in obscure places throughout the Blue Mountains he used to sign his name Frank I walk alone Bendeich! The number of people and priests at his funeral was a tribute to Frank's natural and spiritual gifts, even though he had been retired from Rockdale Parish for quite some years.

Perhaps it is from John's farming background that he gained his qualities of being a very hard toiler, practical, and an inventive builder and maker of things. John died in Royal North Shore Hospital, Sydney, only a few weeks after being diagnosed with an aggressive liver cancer.

Following time spent in the AIF as a flight rigger, David commenced his studies for priesthood in June at Banyo Seminary and was ordained on 29 June David's first appointment was to the Gulf as far as Burketown with many parishes in between until he retired in Atherton in Rest now in peace David.

He worked with the SA Railways for a few years before joining the Dominicans where he was given the name Stephen. A cheerful, well-organised, gentle, dedicated and unobtrusive and totally reliable shepherd, he was treasured by both those whom he served, and by his brother Dominicans with whom he lived. That he had planned to read a brief Dream-Poem' on Sunday about arrival in heaven seemed in hindsight, tellingly appropriate. His death was sudden and unexpected.

In early , after a year of work and part-time study, he entered the Blessed Sacrament Congregation's novitiate in Toowoomba, making his first profession on 2 February In he was elected to the Congregation's provincial leadership team and appointed National Vocation Director. In February , he left Toowoomba to base his vocational work in Sydney, but returned there as Community Leader in In , he assisted the Congregation's General Administration with a comprehensive report on initial formation and ministry in Vietnam.

He oversaw the Congregation's painful withdrawal from Toowoomba in November From there he went to Perth as Community Leader and Parish Priest, only to have to preside over the Congregation's difficult departure from there also in late One of his key initiatives was the introduction of a regular Mass for international students. In , he became Convenor of the ecumenical group Melbourne City Churches in Action, often leading the annual Good Friday procession around the streets of Melbourne.

Peter's personal Way of the Cross began in with surgery and radiation therapy for a tumour at the base of the spine. By he had recovered enough to be appointed leader at St Peter Julian's in Sydney where he oversaw the refurbishment of church and monastery. His term was cut short in September , when the advance of tumours in his spine obliged him to resign. He returned to St Francis' and resumed ministry, even from a wheelchair.

He was looked after at home by the carers of Mercy Health until worsening pain and paralysis compelled him to remain in the palliative care ward of Royal Melbourne. Throughout his long ordeal, even in the final twelve months of intense suffering, Peter remained extraordinarily patient and positive.

As he shared in the cross of Christ, so may he share in his resurrection. Writeen by Frank Marriott. I already had a number of years at Francis Xavier, Adelaide, under the direction of the Vincentians, he at Corpus Christi, still directed by the Jesuits.

The historians tell us that in the 40s and 50s in Europe, various pressures were building within the Church to revisit the twin poles called ad Extra i. Universities were seen often and the Grand maidens of Theologies; the Queen - Sciences for many. There were more times, I can assure you when he provided the directory of his ministry. Why he had become a guru' to companies, institutions, even the world band Scripture speaks about prophets in their own country.

I am thrilled that recently he published his reflections on being PP here at St Scholastica's. He felt he did not know what to do. You know the result. He was so proud of the beautiful refurbishment of St Scholastica's.

On behalf of many parishes, institutions, government agencies, bishops Conferences we say thanks for his generosity, and unfailing optimism based upon the inherent goodness he believed was in people and the institutions with which he worked. He also had the odd distinction of never having been a parish priest.

Perhaps no one in the English-speaking world had a greater knowledge of church history prior to the council, the events during the council and its documents, than Bill did. Over the years he wore many hats, including those of Editor of the Lismore diocesan newspaper, Director of Catholic Schools and finally Director of Catholic Education for the Lismore Diocese.

Despite being blind, Bill still celebrated Mass at St Agatha's at Clayfield, Brisbane, the Penola Nursing Home at Wavell Heights and for the Emmanuel Covenant Community and he once joked that if the people were prepared to put up with a half-blind octogenarian priest it would be good for their patience and their charity.

Rest in peace dear Bill. Ordained in - Divine Word Missionaries. Charles Thomas Russell better known simply as Tom was born in Cairns, Queensland and joined the Society of the Divine Word in , professing first vows in Marburg in Tom was finally professed in and was ordained a priest in The day after his ordination, he was given his mission appointment to INE for the training of brother candidates, initially in Pune then to Jharsaguda where he built a bungalow to live in and classrooms for the students.

Tom was never formally trained, however was gifted in art and in designing architectural drawings. He designed a series of churches in India. On another project in Warabung he guided the students to build their own houses and workshops. Tom had various villages to pastorally care for in the difficult Sepik River area. He remained there until when he was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease. He then returned to Queensland, Australia. He took his first formal art classes during his retirement and leaves a legacy of many fine art works which adorn the walls of AUS communities.

Tom died with confreres at his bedside on the 60th anniversary of his vows. Bishop O'Connor accepted him as a student for priesthood, and he began studies at Springwood. Returning to Australia, he served in many parishes including Armidale, Gunnedah, Tamworth, and Uralla. John retired to Ipswich in where he was lovingly care for by his former housekeeper and the local priests.

Peter served the Church in a very positive and pastorally enriching manner, giving fine example to both his brother priests and the community for over 41 years. Peter served in the Melbourne Overseas Mission in New Guinea during which time he survived a plane crash which left him a paraplegic. Later he became a member of staff at Corpus Christi College, Clayton.

Peter was appointed Parish Priest of Mount Eliza where he remained until his resignation due to ill health, and was appointed Pastor Emeritus in Those who knew Peter have a lasting impression of his courage, perseverance and determination in coping with his disabilities and the consequential complications to his health over many years.

Rest in peace Peter. His first appointment was to St Xavier's, the rapidly growing Jesuit boarding school in Hazaribag. Tom was the kind of person every organization loves to have. He taught classes, kept the accounts, made sure there were supplies for the boarders, arranged buses and railway carriages to ferry the boarders to and from their homes in Calcutta, Patna or Bombay, paid the staff, and did it all quietly without fuss.

Of the many assignments Tom had in India, the toughest was his appointment as vicar-general of the new diocese of Daltonganj.

Bishop George Saupin was a charismatic, beloved pastor, but not an administrator. Once again Tom had to keep the show on the road. Again he became the quiet manager who didn't make a fuss. There was a lovely presence about Tom, testifying to the fact that he was at home with Christ.

In recent years that home became an ever more private place, as Parkinson's disease took over more of Tom's limbs and finally every part of his body.

But the disease was never able to diminish his warmth and gentleness, which remained to the very end. Rest now in Peace Tom for your good deeds have definitely gone before you. He will be greatly missed by Columbans, family members and the many friends he had in Australia and Peru. He became well known and loved by the readers of The Far East magazine where he wrote powerful stories of poverty, injustice and the daily struggles of his beloved Peruvian brothers and sisters.

Leo believed that as a missionary in Peru, it was a powerful witness to live with the people, stay with the people, and be buried among the people. For Leo, It was a sign of fidelity. Jose Marti, the poet wrote, With the poor people of the world I wish to share my fate. John will be fondly remembered by the people he served with such dedication, gentleness and kindness. His attention to visiting parishioners in their homes was among one of his many fine pastoral gifts.

He knew his people and they appreciated his genuine interest in them. He was mindful of the needs his people faced and quietly attended to their care. He had a strong devotional life centered on the Word of God. In his daily living of the priesthood he witnessed to Jesus, the Good Shepherd. While he found the thought of retirement difficult, he entered into the rhythm of Justin Villa, and later the Little Sisters of the Poor, with the same kindness and attention which endeared him to so many.

Above all, he trusted in the providence of God and we pray that he will now rest in peace. He was the fourth son of the late Harry and Katherine Kilby. His remaining brother, Kevin, lives in Queensland. His immediate family and his family connections were always very important to Fr Clem and he was a much loved and valued brother and uncle.

Significantly, the members of his family have been closely involved in the preparations for and the celebration of his funeral liturgies. Fr Clem always valued the involvement of these two Catholic religious orders in his life and his grateful affection for their contribution to his formation continued throughout his life.

After nearly eight years of formation and study Fr Clem was ordained to the priesthood by Archbishop Tweedy on 25th July The ordination took place on a cold winter's morning during 8. The day before, his seminary classmate, Fr Gerry Sheedy, had been ordained in Burnie and the two were to remain life long friends as priests of the Archdiocese of Hobart.

Fr Clem arrived back to work in the Archdiocese in December After a month's temporary appointment at Beaconsfield, he was appointed as an assistant priest at St Mary's Cathedral, Hobart. In December he began nearly three years as assistant in the New Norfolk Parish. Thus began his life's work and involvement with social welfare. It was a grand and visionary idea that the Archbishop put before this young curate from the Derwent Valley and Fr Clem gave himself to the task with great generosity.

Those who were involved in the early days would recall how limited were the resources. A seemingly impossible task was undertaken and, almost miraculously, the Centacare Tasmania of today is the ongoing fruit of Fr Clem's labours and those of many generous and unsung collaborators over the past near fifty years. At the same time he began an Arts degree at the University of Tasmania, graduating in March Later that same year he embarked on two years of post-graduate study in Chicago, USA.

From then until he resigned as Director of Centacare in December , Fr Clem put all his energies into the expansion of the Archdiocese's Welfare Agency and the various services it has provided the wider community. Archbishop D'Arcy who as a young priest had been present at Fr Clem's ordination renewed this appointment in Fr Clem's contribution to the community as a whole was recognised in with his being awarded a Member of the Order of Australia.

Fr Clem's involvement with Catholic Welfare stretched beyond the boundaries of the Archdiocese of Hobart.

He made a significant contribution to the development of the Australia wide network now known as Catholic Welfare Australia. He was a pioneer in his field. Welfare has been his life's work and countless thousands, near and far, have been the beneficiaries. In giving a major speech on Unemployment the Pope commended the work of Centacare which for over a quarter of a century has been providing services for family and social needs, particularly, in recent years, in relation to the problem of unemployment.

This work continues today and it continues to expand in the variety of services provided to those who are in need. For most of his 54 years of as a priest, Fr Clem Kilby devoted his life and energy to carrying out the daunting task Archbishop Young appointed him to undertake in the late 's. The past few years have seen Fr Clem supplying in parishes, playing his much loved golf and enjoying the company of family and friends.

A powerful preacher and tireless raconteur, Fr Clem will be remembered for what has contributed to the lives of many people.

Some would say that Fr Clem was a complex character. Such complexity has realised for the people of Tasmania and beyond a wonderful service of support and encouragement, especially for those in need. Centacare is built on the unstinting efforts of this priest and undoubtedly this will be his lasting legacy.

Hugolin followed his brother Lawrence to join Franciscan friars and was received in the novitiate on 17 February Ordained on 27 July he then went to Sydney University. Following his graduation he took up teaching in Franciscan institutions, in particular Padua College, Kedron Qld from and He was rector of the college from In the Wollongong diocese he served as chaplain to Christian Brothers and worked in the parish supply apostolate.

He retired to Waverley NSW in Rest in peace Hugolin. This was how he greeted anyone new to him. First impressions were of a wise, but simple man. There was nothing put-on or false about him. He had a deep love for the Church and his priesthood. The Mass was his life's bread. His commitment was to his people and to his word. Prayer was always a priority and his breviary was always beside him. This said, he was a truly human man who enjoyed life and was available to anyone and everyone who was privileged to know him.

Ron organised no less than Fifteen Golden Jubilee Masses, followed by parties, to give everyone who kept in touch with him the opportunity to celebrate with him. He paid for them all! His ministry was lived out in many parishes. I first came to know him and to regard him as friend' in Revesby Parish. It was here that he had the opportunity to widen his involvement with the parishioners by his acceptance of a Parish Team.

This made his parish work alive' with many instances of challenge and invitations to grow. One Parishioner here expressed his deep love for Ron because Ron understood what it was like to be hard of hearing'. Ron never complained about his own hearing problems and his ability to get the message' was outstanding.

There were many long meetings where married couples told of their own experiences of marriage and worked hard to show the real' thing to the couples who attended. Fr Ron presented his own sessions along with these couples and humour was always very much a part of his input. Ron always attended the catch-up' dinners of the original presenting couples and provided the prawns for the entree. In his later years he was Chaplain at Cardinal Gilroy Village, where he ministered with his usual love of the people.

He would then share a home cooked meal and a game of cards with the sisters. The sisters would collect Ron from Merrylands, and he returned home by taxi. He became a special friend of the taxi driver, Albert, who drove him home each week. Ron was not really a demonstrative person, but could always remember the names and places of people from his ministries. They would be surprised to meet him after many years, and to hear him call them by name and place.

Ron was all set to go to God this Christmas. When I visited him shortly before he died last week he said: I should have gone last Tuesday, when everyone was here In the year-old Pat joined the Blessed Sacrament Congregation, making first profession at Bowral in before priestly studies at Templestowe where he combined academic success with his first experiments in oil painting.

For a time he presented the Catholic Hour while also giving retreats, undertaking chaplaincies, taking convert classes and helping edit The Monstrance magazine. In he became a provincial consultor, then served as provincial leader from at a time of problematic tensions and conflict over issues of renewal. Amid the turmoil many priests left. Pat led the province with wisdom, compassion, deep faith and common sense.

He endorsed new foundations in Western Australia and warded off threats of land resumption at St Francis'. He remained there until , until, after suffering a minor stroke, he was freed to commence a Master's in theology at Jesuit Theological College, Berkeley. In he gained a doctorate for his thesis Signs of Being: He began painting in abstract expressionist style, held the first of many exhibitions, and received major commissions from churches, hospitals, schools and friends. From he served as provincial treasurer in September and edited the province newsletter The Vineyard.

Pat celebrated his Golden Jubilee of Priesthood in , presided at his year-old mother's funeral in , and commemorated his own 80th birthday and Diamond Jubilee of Profession in In the presence of his twin brother Michael and close family members, Pat died as the sun was rising on the morning of Sunday, 7 February Pat will be fondly remembered for his graceful presiding, incisive preaching, striking works of art, great love of literature and music, sensitive spiritual accompaniment, pastoral care of the needy and great sense of humour.

May Pat rest in peace. In he came to Australia to teach at the Passionist seminary in Adelaide. Greg will always be remembered as one of the Passionist leaders' at the crucial times of Vatican II, when there was a fair bit of questioning and turmoil at a time when many left the seminary.

Many will remember Greg's very sharp sometimes acerbic! Irish wit; stories are still told and re-told in Passionist community gatherings. Greg is remembered with great fondness and gratitude for his friendship and wise counsel. Rest in peace dear Greg. He ministered as Assistant Priest in several parishes before being appointed Administrator of St Carthage's Cathedral in Then followed appointments as Parish Priest of Murwillumbah and Macksville until his retirement in Frank welcomed the changes introduced by Vatican II, reading extensively in liturgy and pastoral ministry.

He had a retentive memory and was an interesting raconteur. One of his stories was about emerging from a New York subway with his cousin on a day's sight-seeing. The date was September 11, Frank was a priest for the people: A cup of tea after Mass was a pastoral opportunity not to be missed.

In the nursing home, his oils, stole and Book of Blessings were kept in the basket of his wheelie walker, ready to anoint a dying resident. He concelebrated his last Mass on 25 January this year. His mother died in He was received into the novitiate in , solemnly professed in and ordained on 18h July Barny had a great love for steam trains and the railways. He had acquired a large library of DVDs and other memorabilia. When he moved to Rooty Hill, he donated his collection to Train Works, the rail and train museum at Thirlmere, in the southern highlands of New South Wales.

Rest in peace dear Barny. A thoughtful, gentle, gracious man with a big heart, Fr Justin King died at the Royal Adelaide Hospital after a massive stroke, having been a Jesuit for 62 years and a priest for While at Aquinas, he was the Catholic chaplain at the University of Adelaide, where he was involved in at least 22 different groups, while also taking an active part in the Archdiocese, organising regular supplies, participating in Catholic Chaplains Meetings, working with Basic Christian Communities, Catholic Youth Services, the Young People and the Future' program and the Shaping the Future' project.

His last ministry was as a parish assistant and retreat director at Sevenhill, SA. An omnivorous reader, Justin exercised great patience in laborious situations. He loved engaging with people, whether it be in schools, universities, parishes or retreat houses, and relished opportunities for spiritual conversation.

Many of his retreatants retain fond memories of his wise and gentle guidance. May he now rest in peace. He had a brother a priest and a sister a Sister of Mercy.

Rest in peace dear Jim. Dan came to Rockhampton following his ordination at All Hallows in Dublin in , and served the Diocese as a generous and zealous priest for many years. We keep Dan's family, his brother priests and his many dear friends in our thoughts and prayers at this sad time. May he be enjoying the reward of life everlasting. Fr Dan came to Rockhampton following his ordination at All Hallows in Dublin in , and served the Diocese as a generous and zealous priest for many years.

We keep Fr Dan's family, his brother priests and his many dear friends in our thoughts and prayers at this sad time.

He was a man of the people and his messages were simple and resonated with so many. He was gentle but powerful, someone who made us laugh when we thought we would cry. He could pick up the pieces and give them back, all in the right order.

Many may not know that the church in Ravenshoe was built from the winnings of his famous greyhound Stationmaster named after his father who worked for Queensland railways and was station master in a number of remote places in Queensland, particularly in the Far North of the diocese. Pat served as police chaplain in the Far North for many years and wet plenty of fishing lines with coppers, particularly around Weipa.

He had a particular way of being a mate' and was well loved and highly respected by police members and their families. Pat will be remembered as a generous and caring pastor and friend to many.

Rest now in peace dear Pat. Charles was professed a Passionist on 31 January and ordained 1 July He was an extraordinary man, holding positions of trust throughout his priestly life.

Having received a doctorate in philosophy in Rome he taught the subject to students in Australia. Charles was an inspirational director of students and spent twelve years as the Provincial of the Passionists.

He spent the last years of his life suffering from Alzheimer's and was lovingly cared for by the Little Sisters in Randwick. Rest in peace Charles. Following his ordination in Adelaide on 21 July , James began as assistant priest in Glenelg and then Semaphore. A significant part of his life and ministry began in when he was appointed to full time service in the Navy, based in Sydney, where his service were highly regarded by the Naval authorities and the men for whom he cared.

Returning to Adelaide in , he was appointed Parish Priest of Clearview where he spent the remaining years of his ministry. His failing health led him to retirement in March at the age of 72 and after many years of ill health James died on Ash Wednesday His funeral Mass was celebrated in his beloved Church of the Good Shepherd at Clearview where he had served for over 30 years. One of his great gifts was his ability to bring the scriptures to life in his homilies. As Leon Czechowicz said in his eulogy: In Tony was assigned to St Aloysius' College, where he went on to become the longest-serving headmaster in the history of the College.

For 18 years he provided dynamic, forthright, imaginative leadership. On the eve of the bicentenary of white settlement in Australia, he raised the Aboriginal flag on the rooftop of the College overlooking Sydney Harbour in a symbolic move that attracted the attention of the police. He started Father Tony's lunch', a free Christmas meal for people who had nowhere else to go.

During his nine years there, he was afflicted with multiple health conditions, but he bore them with great courage and good cheer. When he transferred to the infirmary at St Ignatius' College, Riverview, and to life in a wheelchair, he continued to provide whatever chaplaincy services he could for the school. Even when he moved to St Paul's for greater care, he exercised his love for priestly ministry. A man of great pastoral concern, Tony had a gift for encouraging people, was humorous about honest mistakes, strong in calling things as he saw them and willing to take the consequences.

Elliott, a man with a joyous personality and full of warmth and enthusiasm for his ministry, was one of five permanent deacons ministering in the Archdiocese of Sydney. Ordained by the then Archbishop of Sydney, Cardinal Edward Clancy on 15 July, , Elliot was appointed to his home parish of St Felix de Valois, Bankstown where he and his family had lived since Elliott loved all aspects of his ministry but especially loved presiding at baptisms and marriages.

He often said he enjoyed the opportunity his marriage ministry gave him "to bring, in a friendly and non-threatening way, an understanding of what it is to be Christian and Catholic to couples who are almost always non-practicing and unchurched. Rest in peace dear Elliott. Brian was ordained in the Class of - the largest class to come out of St Patrick's, Manly.

He was one of the five special' members of that class who had their Seminary preparation for Ordination reduced by one year because they had already completed university degrees. Brian was in his late twenties when he entered the Seminary, having previously worked as an industrial chemist at AGM. Brian was a peaceful man, a good listener and a faithful disciple. He was blessed with a peaceful death in full possession of his faculties.

He died as he lived. Brian faithfully served in the parishes of Merrylands, Kogarah, Narrabeen, Mosman, Liverpool, Naremburn and Botany before being appointed to Enmore as well as being a Consultor to the Cardinal Archbishop. Brian is survived by his three sisters, Dawn, Pat and Kay, who together with their families and Brian's brother priests and friends will remember him with deep love and appreciation.

Rest in peace dear Brian. Brian's ministry from December to October was spent in and out of the Toowoomba Diocese. As a result of a series of events in Wallangarra, in October Brian was placed on extended leave and asked to leave the Toowoomba Diocese by Bishop William Brennan. He died peacefully at St Vincent's Hospital after suffering ill health for some 12 months. Despite a controversial life, Brian was also remembered as a devoted faith filled man who, by the end of his life, had conquered his personal demons.

Fr Hal Ranger delivered a sincere and heartfelt eulogy at the Funeral Mass. Despite the passing of 91 years and hundreds of colourful, risk-filled, often outrageous ventures and adventures, the daily Rosary and daily Mass remained central to Brian's life right up to his death,' recalled Fr Ranger.

While stories abound of the exploits of Brian, he was also remembered for his preaching, acts of kindness and compassion. He opened his heart to the profound, unconditional mercy of God and we have been privileged to welcome him back in God's name.

Excelling academically from an early age, he gained entry to the national seminary at Maynooth, before a T. B diagnosis changed the course of his life. He had to leave the seminary, but after convalescing for several years he was able to resume his studies towards Ordination at All Hallows, hoping to be assigned to a warmer clime. Originally sponsored for the Archdiocese of Los Angeles, his visa application to the U.

S was denied and instead he was sent to the Archdiocese of Perth. Before very long Archbishop Prendiville asked Jim to do a teacher training course at the University of W. Jim was awarded an M. E in and the pontifical medal Pro Ecclesia Pontifice' in Though a man of keen intellect a great devotee of Karl Rahner and quiet diplomacy, he was known for his prayerful and humble lifestyle. And he became a great Australian, with a love for the bush and an irrational devotion to Aussie Rules' and the West Coast Eagles.

Jim, may you rest in peace and in that great mystery' that you so pondered in this life. Fr Joachim joined the Franciscan Order in and was ordained in His early appointments included training young men for the Franciscan Order , parish priest and as Director of Catholic Social Services in the Diocese of Auckland He was joined by twenty Franciscan friars, other religious and a large congregation of family, friends and Secular Franciscans.

He continued his spiritual assistance to the Secular Franciscans until three months before he died. Though very much a product of the pre-Vatican II era, Fr Joachim adapted to changes in the church and spent the majority of his years promoting lay movements in the Church, particularly the Secular Franciscans.

He had an incredible energy for promoting lay movements and worked in collaboration with the laity. Vatican documents on lay ministry were his regular reading materials from which he drew inspiration. Not only did he read, quote and preach about the documents, he was instrumental in practical ways of promoting and supporting the vocation of the laity in today's Church.

Elio Proietto was born in Randazzo, Sicily, on 1 July , the eldest of three boys. He entered the Salesian aspirtantate at Pedara in , completed his novitiate at San Gregorio in and made his first profession on 16 August He began his philosophy studies at San Gregorio but in was given permission to transfer to the Australian Province as the rest of his family had migrated to Melbourne from Sicily.

After completing his philosophy studies in Sonada, India, he completed a pastoral placement teaching in Glenorchy, Tasmania. He returned to Italy for his Theology studies and was ordained there on 1 July In he became the pioneer of the Salesian presence in Samoa helping to establish the Salesian mission in that country. In he returned to Samoa to take up the role of Principal of the Moamoa Theological College, a training centre for lay catechists and pre-seminary students. He returned to Australia in and was involved in Parish ministry at Glenorchy, Tasmania as Parish Priest and as Assistant at Brunswick, Victoria until his health declined to the point of needing to move into care at the Little Sisters of the Poor, Northcote in Leo was born in Ascot Vale on 13 February and grew up in Melbourne, the youngest in a family of six siblings, children of William and Annie Heriot.

Leo joined the Salesians and made his first profession at Sunbury on 31 January As was the practice at that time, young Salesians from Australia went to India to study Philosophy. In he returned to undertake his Practical Training at Glenorchy, Tasmania until He then returned to India for Theology and was ordained a priest in Madras on 1 May Leo volunteered to remain in India and worked there as a missionary from until Rest in peace Leo.

He was educated by the Sisters of Mercy and the Christian Brothers, then studied for the priesthood at Springwood and Manly, and completed a doctorate of theology. When issues of clergy misconduct and sexual abuse threatened to destroy the parish of Greystanes, Bishop Bede Heather wisely invited Gerry to be its pastor. For the next 17 years he was the healing pastor, rebuilding trust.

He confronted the issues of clergy sexual abuse with great courage and made valuable contributions to the work of professional standards in clergy life. After Parramatta and a period of further study in Chicago, Gerry was appointed Rector of St Patrick's College, Manly, where he nurtured priestly vocations in some turbulent times.

Behind Gerry's public roles were less obvious ministries. He was equally at home as a confidant to church leaders and politicians as he was with visiting fellow priests in prison, a ministry to which he remained faithful to the end. He also had a great capacity to walk with priests who chose to make the second journey into marriage and those who chose other committed relationships.

Rest in peace dear Gerry. Vince joined the priesthood late in life following the death of his wife. He is survived by his children and grandchildren.

After being ordained in by Bishop Murphy, Vince was appointed to Gosford Parish where he remained until his retirement in due to ill health. Most recently he has been living at Reynolds Court, Bateau Bay.

Navigation menu